It’s new potato season and this simple, but delicious recipe is perfect for Jersey Royals, which are particularly good this month. These tasty nuggets are full of vitamin B1, essential for releasing energy from carbohydrates. They’re also a good source of vitamin B6 and vitamin C, both of which are good for the immune system. The Salsa Verde gives a zingy flavour to these wonderful spring potatoes, with the fat from the olive oil not only helping slow down the release of energy but also increasing the bioavailability of the numerous nutrients in the potatoes. We serve these with purple sprouting broccoli, which gives an extra boost of vitamin C.
Prep: 5 mins Cook: 25 minutes
- Boil water in a medium sized saucepan. Boil the potatoes for approximately 15 minutes. Drain and set aside
- Preheat the grill to medium to high heat
- While the potatoes are cooking make the Salsa Verde. Add the herbs, lemon zest, lemon juice and olive oil in a blender. Season with salt and pepper. Blitz for about a minute.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper on both sides. Very lightly oil a sheet of foil. Place the fish skin side up under the grill. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the skin is browning nicely and turn to cook for another 3-4 minutes
- Meanwhile place 1 cm of water in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the broccoli and steam with the lid on for 4 minutes
- To serve, cut the potatoes in half lengthways. Add the Salsa Verde and mix well. Serve with the fish and broccoli.